Quote:

Quote:

That is the line you would put it in no matter if it were a proportioning valve or not. If it's a drum brake car I'm pretty sure it is just a distribution block , it's main purpose is to set off the idiot light on the dash if you loose pressure in one circuit.

The instructions for the line lock state that if it is a proportioning valve that I would need to plug one line currently going to a front wheel from the prop valve, route the line going to the remaining front wheel to the line-lock, then run a tee from the line-lock to each of the front wheels.

I have always seen the line-lock solenoids installed right on the line at the master cylinder but the instructions I received clearly state that this is not a proper install for a proportioning valve.

It was a drum brake car. Now it's discs in the front and drums in the rear.

I forgot about the part about teeing them together, the reason for that is so you don't set off the idiot light and or damage the valve in the proportioning valve/distribution block. Once you push the button and then release the brake peddle the the valve in the block is going to move because there would be no pressure on the other side of it and set off the brake light on the dash.