Quote:

Just wondering from those in the know. How important are good flowing heads on a boosted engine? I have seen some real anemic heads produce nice power with small flow numbers. I am talking in the 1200 to 1500 hp range with procharger.....what type of head flow do I need?

Your current W8 heads will have no problem supporting that kind of power level with enough boost. Mike Gray was making around 1600-1800 with about same exact W8 head you have, with a more max effort type motor. I'm still screwing with mine on dyno this week, so far I've made almost 1100 @ 9 PSI non intercooled with a 2.15"/1.60" valve small port W9 that does not flow on intake or EX anywhere near what your W8's do... 417 inches, far from max effort type deal cam wise etc. Just street/strip car deal. I'm just having problems making boost... hopefully we will have that sorted out for tomorrow & can approach or bypass the 1200 mark in the 13-15 PSI range.

You put 20+ intercooled PSI into a 415-440" W8 motor it will make 1400-1600 HP no problemo.