I thought I had it fixed after I finally got the parking lock control rod out and re-installed and it worked for the few miles of testing around home and down to the park ( ) so I decided to take it over to my friend's house to finish off some under hood details last night. Everything worked just fine on the long drive over there and then about 10 o'clock we finish and I get in the car put it into reverse and there's the "clunk" sound again so I try to put it into neutral and drive and it's bound up again and won't go into anything but reverse. The park position doesn't work (except that you can start the engine with the shift pointer in "P") and you have to put the parking brake on to keep the car from rolling now.

I thought maybe I just need to drive a little in reverse to unstick the park lock pawl or mechanism so up the street to the cul-de-sac for about a 1/4 mile round trip in reverse it goes Even tried to throw it into park during the trip up the street but that didn't do anything but shut off the reverse lights in the dark (they are not that bright to begin with).

Don't know what's causing this or how it got this way because there was no abuse or abnormal driving that I did with the car the night before it first did this and the same thing last night; just drove the car, stopped, put it into PARK and now it's like the park lock control rod is jammed against something solid and won't move????

I'm sure I have to pull the trans to get to the park lock area to see what it might be this time.....arrrrgh!

MikeR