To each his own.

After you have checked and double checked everything to assure it is installed correctly (rocker arm shafts etc.) and run a wire or brazing rod down the oil feed holes on both banks and they are both exactly the same length, primed the motor and you have oil on one bank then you are pretty much faced with 2 choices...

1. Disassemble the engine.

or

2. Fire it up.

If you have any confidence in your work that also plays a role in it.

I convinced my engine builder to put a length of brazing rod down through each oil hole after the bearings are installed and take a digital photo as proof that the #4 cam bearing is correctly installed prior to installing the cam.

It has worked so far.

My buddy completely pulled his Hemi down after the rebuild, cleaned and checked everything, primed it (again) and it still never got oil to the drivers side rocker arm assembly until he fired it up. This is exactly what happend to me also.

If you lube the crap out of it you will not hurt it if you only run it for 30 seconds or so. If the valve train does not make noise and the lifters are all pumped up then you can pretty much rest assured that it is getting oil.

I had primed and turned over the motor so much that the lifters were already pumped up.

Best of luck!!!