Quote:

The new cars will have their own class next year. NHRA has seen the car count plummet in the past year and have to do something. Really is not fair to those that have dumped thousands of dollars and hours into a car to get to be a top car and then have a car kill it by 3+ tenths without even trying. The only good thing is most of them are racing dumb and factoring themselves out of bussiness.

Do you think one of the new car owners havent put one heck of a lot of money into their cars?

Try buying one at $40K, and then dumping another $100K into it, And put out $2-3K per race to field it, and then tell me that it was cheap to field one of these cars..

And then, try building one with your son, putting 18 hours a day into it 7 days a week for 8 months and then tell me that it wasn't much effort to get it done...

Without really trying???

You obviously really have no idea what it takes to get these new cars down the track and compete at National events. Maybe some of the owners just bought it and then poured a bunch of money in it. But My son (Drooze on Class Racer) and I put a lot more sweat and hard work into ours, and did it in a shorter time than almost anybody else. And we certainly did more of both in a shorter time than guys running a 20 year old car, that they have been running for that whole time, and puts a few hours, and a few thousand into it each year, to get it run down the track.

As for a separate class for these cars, that is exactly what we have been hoping for, from the beginning. Then classic stock can die on it's own because there is no new blood coming into it.

It is bad enough to hear all of the guys who don't even have a race car whine about how unfair new cars are, but it is even worse to hear the guys who have had the playing field all to themselves for 20 years cry because they finally now have some competition for a little while.

But frankly, I expect to hear all sorts of whining again when anything new comes along and ruffles the feathers of "old guard". I don't know when it will happen next, since these are first really NEW cars into the game for quite a long time, but it will happen again someday, and there will again be whining and gnashing of teeth.

David
The New Hemi Guy