Anyone here ever but a chassis kit froma builder? I am about at my wits end looking for a nice tube car. We went to LA this weekend to look at another one. I think the 7th one over the last 2+ years I have looked at. Once again I did not fit and not sure it is an economically wise decision to try and fix it so I would. This car my shoudlers were wedged between the funny car cage, my head hit the cage and the pedals would need some serious surgery. Nothing major but we figure a few grand to change it as well as the mid and motor plates and build some headers. This car was set up for a BB Chevy. So once again I had another 1100 mile day that was not worht the fuel money to ge there...Thankfully I had other business sort of in the area, so not a total waste.

So we are now thinking, my son and I, that maybe we just need to buy a kit and do the finish work ourselves. We are both good fabricators but dont feel like we are qualified to build an entire chassis. So I was thinking maybe a welded chassis from someone like RJ racecars would be a better way to go. I am not huge by any means but it seems most cars are built for guys no more than 6' tall. BTW my son(6' 200lbs)fit perfectly in this car we looked at, a point which he continues to make abundantly clear to me So anyone had any experience with doing this? While the thought of building a car makes me cringe it is becoming very clear that it is the only way I am going to get what I want and fit in. Any thoughts?

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"