there was a post on here couple weeks ago said almost the same thing except he said to use manifold vac for the vac. adv.. i tried it and it was too much timing at idle. but the engine run cooler for the first time sense i put it together. i have been fighting a running hot problem for 5 years. i recently put in a MP dist.
my motor now runs around 180. still creeps up in traffic. i have it set about 12 basic 33-34 all in. but when i hook up the Vac. adv. to manifold vac it gives me 32 at idle. so i put it on ported. that works good at cruse (runs 180) but still creeps up at idle in traffic. didn't when i had it hooked to non ported. i adjusted the vac can all the way both ways didn't seem to make a diff. so how do i run a little more adv. at idle to keep it cool there to? the vac. can says 9.5 on the arm. doesn't that mean it will pulll in twice that in degrees? i am happy as he## about geting this thing cooled down but i am trying to fine tune it now.

65 Cuda 360,3.23 SG-13.97 @99.4, 88 D100, 2000 Kota Qcab, 71 Duster 416 11.84 @110., 73 Imp ,(2)72 & (1)71 Dart Swingers
GarysMocars Legendary Dealer