Quote:

Buy a race boat if you want to play with the race boys

Hey Guyz ...THX to all for food-for-thought. I guess the prob here ... is that I am just-not in most of yours mind-set when it comes to a power-plant.

B1 heads, Jesel valve-train, 572 cubic inches ? .... wasssupy ??? ... LOTS of the stuff I bought for this boat - and the boat itself - I got on eBay ...

The rotating assembly that I was thinking about using before ...30 over 383 old-school TRW's on rods with a crank AND a set of 452 heads WITH a set of adjustable iron Crane rockers ...I got ON eBay for 55$ ....

HEY ...I know a GOOD MOTOR is going to cost TONS more than this ... but the way things look now ....I am probably going to have to owner-finance the property I have here in order to SELL IT and THEN put down 200-LARGE on some property in FL.

So I gotsta-bee a bit of a cheap-skate here !

Now to CB's quote .... RACE BOYZ ?

Any of you ever been to Key West .... and their SuperBoat races ? .... the boats, babes and BIG-BUCKS would blow yerr mind. I have been there many times ..... and even though most of the stuff is Chebby-powered .. it even-now - gives me goose-bumps thinking about watching those races from on-the-rocks at Fort-Zack state park .... as the FOUR ENGINED boats would go flying by ....30 feet away going 160 mph .... launching off 4 to 6 foot rollers ...

IF you can ever get the opportunity to see it ....do it.

6023873-fortZACH.jpg (27 downloads)