Quote:

Hi,
I want to change some parts on the Challenger's 440 engine so it will look more stock. Already have HP-manifolds and a stock iron intake lying around. Need help on choosing the right cam.
440 0.030 over
9.7:1 CR (measured)
2500-2800 stall converter
3.23 gears
want a hydr cam which gives streetable power from around 2000 to 5500
As I currently have a 20years old design solid cam I already have Isky 1.5:1 rockers.
Carb is a Holley 800DP which may stay if it works.
Heads are MP Stage 5 iron from the late 80s. Ported with 2.14 and 1.81 valves.
2.5" exhaust system, TTI, still to be bought

Basically my goal is a stock looking engine with HP-manifolds that can perform a bit better than stock. Don't want a F.A.S.T. car, no extrude hone or such. Want to run the stock dual snorkel air cleaner. Intake might be changed to aftermarket dual plane if it helps.

I read about the Comp cams XE275HL. Will that cam be too much for stock intake and exhaust? Should I rather go with standard lift? Whats the rpm where the HP manifolds will considerably cut power off?

Thanks
Jens

IMO the Lunati 60304 would be another choice for a camshaft.The Comp will have a bit more power above 5000 but the Lunati will have a bit more torque thruout the range and nearly the same h.p.Either cam will work very well.

I would also recommend the Edelbrock Performer RPM over the stock int.Big improvement.800 DP is a fine choice.

The 3 inch exh system will be helpful with the stock manifolds and minimize the lack of headers.

Leave the gun.......take the Cannoli's....Mike