Quote:

Quote:

The defog unit off of Scott Carl's Challenger just didn't have dual rear speakers orginally so no need for the offset adapter. And the assembly pictured doesn't show the speaker hole to blower housing adapter and doesn't show the motor.

Mine wouldn't have had the offset. You may have missed my earlier posts. I DO have 2 speaker holes AND the center slot for the defogger vent.
See post pick of package shelf. First pic shows blower housing but I took the motor out because the squirrel cage was rubbing inside. Its a WIP The whole unit could indeed be a dealer item as there is no code for rear wndw dfggr on the broadcast sheet. The PNs are, however, in deed Mopar #s and the blower housing, motor and (I assume)heating element are the same as in A38s pic.

Yes, I agree it's a Mopar unit. Just noting the pieces not shown in the picture for those not familiar with the units or looking to purchase one.

I was referring to the cardboard package tray not being cut out. All the cars have speaker and defog holes cutout on the body whether they got those options or not. But if you got a dealer installed defog they would cut your non speaker cardboard package tray and use a screen and bezel over the speaker hole. If it was factory installed they would use a speaker type cardboard package tray than had holes in it already to suck in air for the defog and not use a screen and bezel like the dealer installed units.

The thing that looks like a heater element is the blower motor resistor. I thought that too, but someone of Moparts pointed out the p/n name in the parts book. and when you uses it, it does't provide any significant heat to the air passing by it. You see the same type thing on some Mopar front heater/defrost motors.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 05/18/10 01:38 AM.