Quote:

If there is no excessive wear anywhere/the taper is still adequate, and a person can check the lobe taper with a mic/indicator or even just mock it up in a block and confirm the lobe taper isn't gone or less than it should be......sorry if that doesn't make any sense, but it does to me.....there is no reason why a used cam wouldn't work just as well in engine B as it did in engine A.

It isn't just looking for lobes that are gone, it's making sure the lifters will still spin. No spin, no lobe.

I've run into this problem on brand new parts, too. Always gotta' check the lifters for spin. I've had fresh cams with almost zero taper.

I'll buy a FT cam used; if it's priced right so that i can use it as a core and have it regound to my specs and still be ahead $$$.

The thing I'd worry about a little is a used roller lifter. I think they're a little more likely to cause shennanigans than the cam itself.

-Bill

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?