I started out looking for easy fixes, so one of the first things I did was pull the distributor and check it out. The reluctor vanes looked good and the gap was right.

Another thing I did before I posted was pull the valve covers and inspect the rocker assembly. The shaft and arms looked okay.

After I read these posts, I got my son to turn the motor with a socket (there are some good things about teenagers!) and looked at the movement of the valve train. Nothing looked strange, but I didn't really track it around 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 or anything. I did spin all the pushrods to see if they were bent and they didn't seem to be.

I didn't think to check the spark plug gap - I will do that next.

As far as anything colliding with anything else, I thought the 440 was not an "interference design," where the pistons and the valves occupy the same space at different times. Do I really have to be worried that a piston-valve collision may have happened if the timing chain jumped? It's a completely stock engine.

69 Chrysler 300 Convertible 77 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 2-dr 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited