Quote:

Just curious, could it be the throttle base plate? I installed a Proform main body new floats, new jets, and converted it to a 4 corner idle..but the Holly base plate was never touched. Also trust me I have all the doors open, and even with a strong breeze the fumes are tough..can anyone explain the idle circuit?? the components involved? IE..power valve, jets ?? or is it the metering blocks?
thank you for your input..
al

Whoa! You need to do some drilling (and plugging) on the baseplate to convert to 4-corner idle. Do the rear idle mixture screws do anything at all?

But, let's back up. First, you must be sure your primary transfer slots are only exposed to the point that you see a square. Any more and you begin idling on the transfer circuit (or worse yet, the mains) and you'll have the rich idle you describe. Typically, this problem manifests itself when the initial timing is too low.

I can explain the idle circuit to you (the explanation a few posts up is good), but let's make sure the cart is behind the horse. Does your t-slot exposure look like the attached photo?