When i purchased teh car the clock was not working after removing the glove box i noticed not only was it unplugged but also a few wires were cut.

My question is when i plugged the wires back in, the display was on w/o the car being on but if i connect the cut wires the hud is faded, showing very lightly.

Is this how it is supposed to be? how will my battery do?

there is a 6 plug connector and someone cut all 5 wires and braided 1 wire(i assume the ground) to another black wire and 2 others to (i assume a hot wire) the display is on at all times however when i connect the two missing wires to the 12v source the display fades away as if to save energy but retain memory.

As for the cigarette lighter it was operational when first purchased but recently stopped working i checked the wire there only seems to be 1 wire going to it (red) no ground wire anywhere. I think it went out when i installed the radio along with the gas gauge which only likes to show the little red light and not tell me how much gas i have.

If i add a ground wire to the cigarette lighter, do you think it will work again? Where could the initial problem be if it went out while installing the radio?