Quote:

It sounds like a BB with AC? If the old small case MOPAR style isn't enough - and it sounds like it isn't - its tougher to upgrade with AC. The pivot and bracket bracing is different than non AC cars.

With stock style heads, you may fit the GM case Powermaster 140 A unit. I have Ed heads and not enough clearance. I bought one and had to return it. I ran the 75 A Powermaster MOPAR alternator for a while but it wasn't enough. Discharge at idle and barely enough when running with brights and AC.

I wound up going back to the "big case" MOAPAR alternator and brackets from my core engine ('78 Cordoba). Its 100A with lots of idle output. Its a little heavy but performance is great. Rebuilt 100 A alternators are available on order from the chain part stores

I had to extend the water neck about 1 1/2" so the radiator hose would clear the belts and mount the receiver/dryer about 1 1/2" back (Challenger) to clear the alternator since it sticks out more.

Pic in the attached document.

Yeah thast an Leece Neville alt used mostly on Police and Cab packaged cars, same as tow package as far what I know. ( pic attached )

but is not really related if AC or not. Mostly AC cars got the regular alt.

another option is use a 78 amps alt, available on less tha $50 at auto parts stores

same than the one on this article:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techa...ator/index.html

5928554-rsz_dsc02891.jpg (100 downloads)