Quote:

Quote:

They make carb'd intakes for new Hemi's so I don't see why not.

You don't see why you can't simply remove a stepper motor from the system because you don't know, or want to know, how EFI and ECUs work. Your answer to everything is a carburetor, and that's not what the OP is trying to do here.

oh boy you again....I know how it all works. I was stating that there are intakes and carbs on the market for this application, if one wants to do away with the drive by wire. I didn't even get into mounts, exhaust, x-member, trans tunnel and all the other mods that will need to be done to install that driveline in an old e-body.

maybe he should read the post about EFI'ing a 5.9 before he tries to tackle this "upgrade"

I would think that you could replace the drive by wire with a cable. The engine is not going to know if it is being opened up by a cable via your right foot or a solenoid/servo via a wire.
People see these fancy nice cars in magazine and think wow that's cool I should do that. But most have no idea on how expensive and challenging the work will be. That needs to be considered before one spends dime one.