Quote:

I just don't get the constant aversion to newer and more efficient parts going on our older rides. If it makes them better performing and lighter then by all means change for the better...As long as one is in keeping with MOPAR parts only...

Some people are weird and like the experience of old-fashioned things... I am one of these weirdoes. This is why I drive an old car with old parts. I don't understand why people take an old car and modify and change it with all kinds of new things that didn't exist when the car was made, pro-touring being the prime example. To me, if you want all the modern conveniences, why don't you just buy a modern car and not ruin the relative purity of an old car? This is completely my opinion, not meant as a slam on anyone's likes or dislikes. This, however, is why I personally like the slow, hollow-metallic sound of an old Chrysler starter, and would never even consider a new starter. It started my car in 1974, and hopefully it will still be starting my car in 2074.