Quote:

Not good news. The Upper Ball joint should be very tight. If it's loose it could be because somebody used too much heat on it when replacing it last time, stripped it by over tightening it, or other problems. If the new ball joint will not tighten you have two choices.

1. Replace the UCA.
2. Tack weld the ball joint to the UCA.

I prefer #1 but I have heard many people do # 2 and have no problems.

Thanks

Quote:

More Bad news.
It should be straight. Often people put the jack in the wrong spot, bend them in accidents or take the car off road and bend them. Time for a replacement.

You don't suggest I it straight again?

Quote:

Even more bad news. It has to be straight or it's defective. but at least you don't worry about cleaning it.

this is getting expensinve

Quote:

In most applications the 1 or two piece design is swappable. as for the length it will squash / compress when installed so it isn't a big problem.

Finally something positive!

Quote:

Sounds like the care got hit on that side. Take car to measure/check the LCA also.

LCA's are already out to change the bushings. How can I check on a bench? (it looks OK i.e. the same as right side)

Quote:

P.S. What Kind of Car?

72 Duster I bought last year. I think you're probably right about it getting dinged, it all adds up, even my steering column misalignment.

Thanks for the help!