Quote:

yes there is more air flow and power in a properly shaped chamber and design and shapes of angles cut into the seats. if you have the chambers and the intake runners to smooth air flow will in a gas powered motor, because the air and fuel seperate and the fuel begins to puddle. a way to tell if you intake manifold is shaped and texture is make a pass or dyno the engine and pull the carb off the manifold and look inside to see if there is fuel stains on the plenum floor. if is the the manifold isn`t ported right and it`s way to smooth. the fuel stain shld be in the roof of the manifold right were the carb pad and runner begins. this is for wedge type motors, there high pressure area is in the roof, but a hemi`s high pressure is in the floor. thats because of the segin of the chamber. what im tryin to say is that dont take a 120 grit sand paper roll to the intake runners or chamber. that is way to smooth for a gas powered car. use a 60 grit roll. if it was a deisel then use 180 on the intake, the fuel is added after the valve. i hope this helped you.

Thats exactly the kind of info im after right there.I always thought that a "glass" type finish was ideal ,but i guess not.So finish out with a 60 grit roll ,got it ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...