It appears that you somehow connected the fuel feed to the PCV nipple! when the motor spun over, the intake got a fresh, unmetered, unmixed stream of gasoline. Yes it will run, but very erraticly. An engine can run without an intake manifold too. Try spraying starting fluid into the intake ports of a long block. it will fire and scare the piss out of you! In a best case scenario, you stopped before any severe damage occured. All it takes is about an ounce of liquid in ONE cylinder to stop the motor from spinning over. Pull the plugs, spin the engine over and watch your eyes. Gas should shoot out of the spark plug holes. Let the cylinders evaporate then clean or install new spark plugs. CHANGE THE OIL. Recheck the fuel line to make sure it is connected where it should be, and start it up. You may get away lucky. Once I crossed a stream in my 73 Duster and sucked water into the 318. I pulled the plugs and spun the motor. Water shot out like a hose spray nozzle! After a 15 minute dry-out, I put it back together and it ran like before! Miracles can happen.