Quote:

OK, let me see if I understand what you guys are saying here. Your saying that in the interest of keeping things fair throughout the country that the destination charge was the same throughout the country on a given car? Yes that would make it fair on a national basis but totally unfair on a local level and would have promote MANY more factory pick ups by buyers which by the way was minimal in the grand scheme of things.

I can tell you that at the dealership I worked at 68-74 the destination charges were different from every assembly plant we got them from depending on the distance from our dealership. It was a regional thing that was the same for any dealer in that region. If as an example a Cal. dealer ordered a hemi car that had to come from St. Louis, all dealers in his region would have the same destination charge. However, a dealer in the St. louis region would have a much lower destination charge. People don't shop cars coast to coast, they shop within their region and it was fair to all within the region.

The desination charge of that 68 4spd RR that went from the LA plant to Glendale was the same charge at the 68 RR Hemi car that went from St Louis/Detroit? to Arizona that 6bblgt posted the window sticker for. How could that have happened? Was California in AZ's region??