I'm hoping someone like a dealer tech sees this post & can respond, or someone that has experienced & fixed this issue.

Anyway, my car has about 70,000 miles on it & has developed quite a noise coming from what seems to be the RHF. It sounds like something is loose & it makes all kinds of noise on even the slightest bump - it does not seem to matter if you are turning or going straight. There does not seem to be any steering play or shimmy, & no vibrations at speed. It sounds to me like a strut or strut mount problem, or possibly ball joint(s).

The car was in for a routine trans service at my local Dodge dealer in Dec. 2009 & the mechanic said he inspected the front end (ball joints & tie rods) & he said everything looked good.

I want to determine at this point if there are inherent problems with the front suspension on these that would result in these symptoms. I called a local auto repair shop & the owner of the shop told me his wife has an '07 Charger also that developed a clunk & they cannot figure out what it is from. He said they replaced the struts & made sure the BJ's & Tie rod ends were good & everything looked tight. He also said there are 2 lower ball joints on these cars & one is serviced by the dealer only & is mega expensive - like in the $750.00 range. He has done several of these cars in service that had ball joints that were about to fall apart.

Anyway, let me know if y'all have any experience with this. I don't know whether to go to a Dodge dealer or a good front end shop to have whatever work done. It's my company car, so I don't wrench on it at all!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified