Hey Moparclown - thanks, don't know if this helps you out any, but in my opinion the 043 are not original for a '70 340 Chally. Here's why. Plymouth had a soft spot, it seems, for the 340 'Cuda. Giving unto them, the above standard items, among many others. The small block was quite a performer in an E Body once given those goodies. 0-60mph times were basically equal to a Hemi then faded hard in the second half of the 1320.

I owned a '70 340 'Cuda and sold it later, but I did keep the rear axle (3.55 Sure grip) and leaf springs. The 024/034's that I inquired of. I learned most everyhing I know from Mopar mags written by those who know what I don't. Among the things I learned was the S15 XHD suspension given to 340 'Cuda's. Since 70440+6BBl has confirmed what I thought - that they are 'Hemi' springs, I would only surmise they were original to the car, just as I had learned in the early 90's.

It may be that when I take the original springs from my 383's rear axle next weekend I will find it has the 043 springs too. Again - 044 is the code on the BCS.

Did Dodge have a soft spot for the 340 cars too, I think so, even if Plymouth gave the 340 as a no cost option and Dodge charged extra! Hope this helps any, don't take my word alone, maybe someone can tell us both for sure. Have a blast this summer with that Chally of yours Moparclown.