Bob R,
You're dead-on my friend, but many of our compadres can't see the forrest for the trees.

1000 ft. Racing: The facilities can't handle the speeds the fuel cars are capable of.. PERIOD!!! END OF STATEMENT!!
320 at a 1000ft..these cars are simply unbelievable, the most incredible machines anywhere. The problem is they are too expensive to build, too expensive to maintain, and too expensive to race in this economic climate. But the spoiled rotten, crybaby NHRA Nitro Fan, says "Turn them loose, let them run 350 to the 1/4, build better facilities, to contain them, and by the way I want a perfect seat for 20$".

Sponsors: sponsors/advertisers are leaving all kinds of sports, not just motorsports, Golf, football, basketball,..all of them are scrambling to replace lost revenue right now.

The only way NHRA and drag racing is going to continue is to try and reduce the cost of competing, and I'm not talking entry fees or licensing, I'm talking rules such as the "no exotic materials" rule in Pro Stock. The fuel cars need limits on fuel pumps and mags similar to the nostalgia cars..WE MUST GO BACKWARDS on performance in an attempt to limit cost so guys like McMillen, Bodie, Tuttle, the Pedregons, Hartleys, can continue to survive in this sport.

Facilities: many of the top notch, world class facilities that we attend to watch or race Pinks All Out, PSCA heads up, Summit bracket racing, our favorite all-Mopar event etc. would dissapear if the NHRA Full Throttle National Event Series fails. They count on this once or twice a year cash cow to keep the gates open and stay solvent!!!

The current economic situation has me on the sidelines, and unable to compete at NHRA Nationals, and Divisionals this season...I hope when I am able to return and support them that I still have a place to race!!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines