In reading all of the defense of NHRA, i'm not sure how I'm going to start this.

I raced my first race in 1960. NHRA was started, on the West Coast, by Mr. Wally Parks in an effort to make drag racing safer. They celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the Winter Nationals at Pomona and the only mention of Wally Parks was a small brief mention in talking about the Nostalgia coral. Before everyone gets defensive, I spoke with my old Division Director yesterday and we talked about the lack of credit to Wally. Went home and watch the show, twice, again last night.

There was no crowd at the Winter Nationals. Re-watch the TV coverage, go to Competition Plus look at the photos, Class Racer look at the photos, and others. Average "Joe" can not go to an NHRA event at the current prices. Before everyone gets defensive, I attended the race at Z-max last year,as a spectator. Admission ticket for one day is $55 go get a hotdog, french fies and a drink $23. Now all this said, hopefully you ate breakfast before you got into the track and that the race ends before supper time. Hopefully you like to go to the races alone other wise if it is you, your wife and grandkid then the prices go three times. Yes, children have to pay also,and they will want more than one hot dog.

Heaven, an First Bank of America, help you if you have a old super stock car and want to race NHRA. First of all, you "can not" race at a National Event unless you are a Past Champion or in the case of Division 2, you have traveled all over the country, no races in our state, paid your travel expenses, entry fees $250, insurance fees, bought all of the latest safety equipment to go run at several division races to accumulate "Grade Points" then you have a chance to apply to race. The opinion of a 60+ year old drag racer who still enjoys a week-end out to the racing with his Wife, Children and Grandchildren, $$John Force and Don Schumacher$$ and the executives who got free passes, will be all that is left to race NHRA.

IHRA is changing their format with a little more respect to the racers that got them here. Talk to some people who have already raced under the new program. Go on Class Racers Stock and Super Stock and hear the experiences. AHRA is coming back. AHRA was really prior to IHRA.

Forgive me but, ADRA and Pinks All Out are giving the people what they want to see and at an affordable price. Pinks All Out two day show entry fee for 2 days $60. Spectators $25-$30 and children free, just get them a seat ticket. Park your race car in the pits race all day, pitch your tent beside your car, fire up the charcoal grill and its a community party. Family and friends all together.