Quote:

rftroy, What plant was your RR assembled at? I'd bet Lynch Rd.

I'd bet Lynch Road also.

I'm definitely an E body guy, and I've got a lot to learn about B bodies before I do my own 70 roadrunner, so please correct me if I'm wrong...

The E bodes were all built at either Hamtramck or LA plants.

Weren't all the 69 1/2 A12 cars built at Lynch Road? Which means that the Edelbrock aluminum manifolds would be at Lynch Road. Edelbrock was having trouble making enough aluminum manifolds for 69 1/2 production, which is why Chrysler had to make the cast iron ones. With Edelbrock having problems keeping up, isn't it likely that at least one shipment of aluminum intakes arrived at the Lynch Road plant after 69 production came to a stop in July?

But those aluminum intakes wouldn't have arrived at the wrong plant. If the aluminum intakes were only used at Lynch Road, then leftover aluminum intakes would only be on Lynch Road cars right? No point in shipping leftover parts to a different plant when you can use them right where they're at. Especially if you've got a new supply of Iron intakes you can send to the other plants.

So then, Wouldn't all of this boil down to No Challengers or Barracudas built with aluminum intakes?

What do you guys think?
Has anyone seen a 440-6 E body that appeared to have an original aluminum intake?

Tav