I have owned quite a few original 70 Six Pak Cars and the earliest I have owned was a F8 Challenger R/T Sept 13th build date. It had a cast iorn intake. The cast date on the intake was July 27 69. I also had a 70 Six Pak Cuda Built at the LA plant on Oct 69. Red On Red. It was cast iorn too. It is on Ebay right now. You know talking to Al Nichols who is since departed us he was Chryslers carb engineer and tuning guru. RIP Al. He told me that on the 69 1/2 cars. Edelbrock and Holley could not make enough Intakes and carbs. I have TCB Bulletins stating that Holley was rushing these out so fast that the metering block air passages were not drilled all the way thru thus cars not idling and hard starts. If you want My Honest Opinion with all my experience parting out a zillion of these cars dating back to 1976 and owning a ton of these cars back then and had the pleasure of dealing with a lot of Chrysler inside guys over these years. BOB McCurry,Gerry Blake, Al Nichols, Dean Nicopolis, And so on. I would have to say no. They were ready to go into the 70 production year full tilt ahead. The Huber foundry worked all summer long. A lot of guys put these on when they were only around $80.00 that were serious racers to save weight over the cast iorn. The pic is a FC7 Shaker 4 speed 100% Survivor Taken back in the day.

Last edited by Dartman440; 02/05/10 09:51 AM.