i have a proble with the idle mixture screws on my sixpack idle screws on the center carb. I can turn them all the way in and the car still runs. figured that would mean its too rich, right? I should be able to get it to die with the screws in and make it idle rough turning them out far enough.

I adjust the idle to the highest vacuum and that seems to be with the screws all the way in (or maybe 1/16th out but that may be just my imagination.

I figured that its because my throttle is open too far. idle is set at 1000 to 1050. cam makes it idle real rough (240/245 dur at .050) so i cant idle much lower. idle vacuum is about 13. most ive ever seen is 14. in gear it drops to 7 to 9

I had the timing set at 18 adv, 20 adv and locked out at 30 and 34 adv but that doesnt give me any better idle screw mixture control. just for grins, ive had the initial timing all the way into the 40's.

so now I am locked out at 32 total (416 stroker). Drilled some holes in the throttle plates to lean it out and get more air in there but still the mixture screws are best at almost all the way in.

I have promax outboard baseplates so i have tried adjusting those up and down. at least they have effect on idle in and out. oh ya, and i have the promax center carb billet metering block so that has adjustable stuff on it too but i havent changed it from the settings it came with

so, how do I fix? i was going to try locking out timing at 32, leaning out the outboards and setting mixture on center first then working the outs.

I have another center carb that doesnt have holes in the throttle plates and the stock metering block to play with.

any advice would be appreciated.

i am pretty sure theres no vacuum leaks

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas.