Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The problem with Coys (beside the fact they are made in china) is that they are a one piece wheel, so it will limit your backspacing options abit..)

I'm old school (steel wheels) so please please educate me. Can 2 piece wheels be altered to change the offset?

Yep, just cut them apart and reweld them. I have it done often.
Steel wheels are cut up and widened or changed often too.

That said, the 1 piece wheels sold for the older cars usually do come in offsets made close to work (since so many people use them of course) but if you wanted to really squeeze in the max size or what not, measuring the car (both sides) and having the wheels made to suit can do that. (Or if the car is lowered and off the shelf offsets rub, 2 piece wheels can get moved a 1/2",etc to give you the room you need)

If you are just going to run a common size and not worried about the max that will fit that's another thing I suppose.

Ozhemi/Cnxt et al:
Well I'm commited to this thing now as I sold the 15x7 rallyes. I got a couple more questions:
-Can I mount a 285-45-18 on a 18x9 wheel or do i need an 18x10 wheel?
-any problem with a 275-45-18 on a 18x9 wheel?
-The torq thrust wheels I'm looking at are advertised as not 'hubcentric". How do mount them concentric?
- I got a dr diff brake setup with 11.7" rotors/wilwood calipers front and 10.7" cobra set up in the Back. I had no issues with the rallyes. Any problems with clearances with the bigger wheels and those type brakes?
Appreciate the help
Glenn C