Thanks Ron.. Sweet pic too.. Basically the complete Dak as a roller is sitting on my trailer and the cage is still present. I had planned on cutting the bed and cab so that I can just lift those off the frame and leave the cage. Not sure yet. I'm thinking I won't be needing the cage for this "build".

I went and took a few pics of what I could, I also took a few measurements. The wheelbase of the '53 is 118" and the Dak wb is 112". The measurement from the centerline of the front wheel to the rear of the cab on the '53 is 5'. The same measurement on the Dak is 6'. I wouldn't think that the Dak was THAT much longer up front.. Guess the door is quite big.. I wasn't able to get the track width. Could someone else check that for me? And maybe double check the center of wheel to the back of the cab, just to be sure??

Here is what I'd be dealing with... Can ya see in there ????

Its all the way in the back on the right side.

Here's another reason why ya can't see it..

If ya look closely, yes it is sunk in the ground. There is a hill to left side of the barn and guess where all the runoff drains through??

Here's the int..

The truck has been sitting in this barn for roughly 18-25 yrs. Before that he had it outside under a leanto that fell in. I guess I'll say that AS I REMEMBER, when it was outside, the sheet metal was in real nice shape. I noticed that, on the pass side fender, there is a little bubbling where the fender support is. It the area of the little gray spot. Other than that, the side you see is nice and solid.

It has a push button starter. Not sure if they all were or not. It was driven into this spot back then. Has a 4cyl, 3spd, single barrel carb.

Ron, I have a 400 {complete needing freshened up}and a 383 {bare block with crank rods and heads} in my garage. I was thinking of using a small block do to the ease of fitment. I'll have to by new bb motor mounts for the Dak frame. I sold the ones I had. It'll be easier to get stock mounts for a 318/360 and more room for headers..

Last edited by KatFysh; 01/18/10 01:05 PM.

When you decide to quit, THAT is the moment when you would've succeeded..