What can you guys tell me? Lets see some pics done and in progress..

As most of you know, I had a little "incident" with my Dakota last summer. What I have remaining are, the body and frame, the complete 8 3/4 rear, the front drop spindles, aftermarket d-shaft,rotors, manual rack and pinion,complete steering column, custom 16 gal fuel cell and few other odds and ends parts..

I have mentioned here before that my dad has a '53 Dodge 5 window truck. It has been in storage for about 28 years. The sheet metal of the cab and front end are near perfect but the rear of the frame is rotted due to a wooden flat bed. I informed my dad that I REALLY wanted the truck and that I may want it as soon as I am done w/ my wife's '66 Scout. He has never said anything about it. Not even a price.

But, instead of selling off the rest of what I have, I am now seriously considering keeping it all and trying harder to get that '53. That is why I'd like to see pics and have other info.

I am thinking of installing a modern 5.2l or 5.9l engine. Not to positive yet though. I may just build a carbed small block. I'm thinking of keeping a "driver" style ride. Nothing too extreme like what I've had in the past. Probably similar to our old '69 Cougar. Maybe even see if I can find a newer style bed that may help the looks.

Are these truck a p.i.t.a. to chop a few inches off or are they better left alone? The reason I ask is because I have the 2" drop spindles and think the profile may have it sit too high for my liking, another reason why I'd like to see pics..

Well, let me know what ya all think. Yea or Nea on the idea totally or do ya have some good input. Share it either way....

When you decide to quit, THAT is the moment when you would've succeeded..