I recently bought the below 1938 Plymouth business coupe. I have gone back and forth but decided to build what I would call a driver and something that can run the power tour if need be. That said I have decided on a late mod 5.7. or 6.1 hemi. my intentions were find a totaled pull out of a 5.7. motor transx, brain, harness ect.

I know many people are now making a wiring harness that will work or help for the akter market, who is making the best harness currently and do you guys see things changing for the better with the aftermarket harnesses and say a 6.1 after market motor.

I would only guess a complete tare out of a totaled 5.7 car/ truck would work but what would the down sides be?

I am guessing I would still have to do the gauges and dash work in painless, ect?

Any suggestions, what are the pittfalls and any recomendations?

I am going comeplete mustang II front suspension. I believe I am simply going to use an 8 3/4 rear suspension with springs, nothing crazy, but ya never know.

thanks for any help as I am no mechanic and dont knwo these rigs at all.

This going to be a full fendered ride all the parts are there and very nice and straight.

Are there any websites, suppliers, ect to make this easier or for purchases. Anyone have an idea where the cheapest place, salvage yard out west is for a pull out, complete one?

I know where a 07 4x4 durango is, but its a 4x4 and thus stuff I dont need and probably issues changing stuff?

LAWFISH/DAVE