Quote:

Quote:

Does anyone have any information on the Rod Shop Demon Bob Riffle drove in pro stock? I'm looking for detail photos such as interior and engine bay shots. Also does anyone know who built the car and if it was an updated earlier car? Also does anyone have contact info for Mr.Riffle?

There was a 71 Demon, a 73 Dart Sport and a 75 Dart Sport. Are you interested in the Demon or the 73 car? The Demon was actually a 70 Duster that Riffle built for the Rod Shop. It was reskinned as a Demon when they got the Dodge deal in 71. I have pix of that car from 1975 and it still retains the 71-72 Demon sheetmetal. The 73 car was built for Fons and run briefly by him before he was fired in early 73. That car was taken over by Riffle and Gene Dunlap and was recently in the hands of Jim Kramer and Dick Towers, still in Rod Shop colors (photo below). The 75 was a high tech Bulter built car. It was purchased directly from Gil Kirk in 1978 by Joe Gauger in Indiana. That car is still in his family and has been restored to Rod Shop colors. Riffle is alive and well in Charlotte. PM me if you need his number.

Jeff, Didn't Riffel go to work for Petty after he left the Rod Shop?