Quote:

Why does everyone who thinks if you go SS racing you have to be at the top of the heap? Correct me if I am wrong here but one only has to run under thier index to be in the bracket race. You do not have to run 1.25 under to get in, just under. At that point you have entered a bracket race. The only caveat is when you come across a car in the saem class during eliminations, then the faster car has the advantage becuase it becomes a heads up race. So how often does that occur? From what I have seen it is a not all that often and I am willking to bet with the EXTREMELY limited number of AH cars out there that it is a very very rare occurance.

Now class run offs are a different animal all together. That is where the pocket book and ego come into play.

To get in you either have to win class or be far enough under to qualify IF the field is full. You have to run .5 under to win class if you're the only one in class. If the field is not full you just have to run index to get in the eliminator.

I agree, heads-up runs in AH usually only come into effect at places like Indy and such. Most guys will take them off "high kill" in the eliminator anyway so they have a better chance of being consistent and not tearing things up.

I'd love to have an AH car, but it sure seems like an expensive way to go racing.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."