Quote:

Quote:

I cant explain it. when the rotor is way to the right of the #1 wire's tower (Small block), the rotor looks like its just barely to the left of the #2 terminal

Clarify this: at idle & 3000 its dead centered then with a quick rev it will move slightly to the left (ccw) of #1 then it will swing cw until it is almost to #8 (you said 2 but are you meaning 8?) Correct or not correct

i did this a while back so memory is kinda bad but i recall that upon reving it either moved towards #8 (cw) but still close to #1 (probably 1/8" to the left of #1- but closer to #1 than #8) and then as i let off, it moved ccw to almost at #2 (like 1/8" to 1/4" to the left of #2- but close enough that #2 should have fired since the rotor was way closer to #2 than to #1).

it was that or vice versa- reved it and it moved ccw almost on #2 and then as i let go, it moved cw towards #8 (but real close to #1- maybe a 1/8" past from #1)

at steady state either idle or at rpm, it was dead nuts on the #1 terminal

if it wasnt so cold outside right now, id start it up and verify but its too cold to start right now

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas.