I went to the indy swap meet today and stopped by promax and bought their jet plates. They had suggested #78 jets in the front carb and #84 jets in the rear, with a #64 in the center and a 3.5 power valve and yellow springs in the diaphrams.

Just curious as to why 78 in front and 84 in the rear instead of the same size jets in them both? I am planning on trying it, but going to use the track at test n tune to see the difference.

This is a 70 barracuda street car 499 build on a 400 block with fully ported 906 heads 214/181 valves, shaved around 80 thou and a lunati solid 583 lift cam installed at 106 center, 4 speed and 410 dana.

Im trying to build this to beat up a machinst friend of mines 69 chevelle 454. He went an 8.23 in the 1/8 mile and said he doubted I would take him. I think im there now tho, but have bought some 315 60 15 et streets, a doc diff 1 inch offset kit and lighted the front end by 100 lbs. Also installing a set of 2x3.5 hookers and 3 inch exhaust. Seems an 11/1 or so comp 499 and jetted right should smoke this guy. It's mostly chevies around here so I need to stand up and be noticed some. Any suggestions would be helpfull, I have a few weeks left before I try the car out.