Quote:

I still cannot figure out Tech's reasoning that a 13 second car with roll bar and four year old race belts is unsafe, but a 12 second car with no roll bar and 30 year old lap belts is good to go. Just needed to vent that. Thanks

To scratch your head even more, a pure stock convertible can run up to 11.50 with zero modifications and no bar but a 13.00 vert with bolt ons needs a bar.

Quote:

I may be completly wrong but I think a weld in bar would hold up much better. To get through the floor it would have to tear the welded plates out am I correct? Where in a bolt in bar the plates could distort much easier and be pushed through the floor with no welds trying to hand onto them? Just thinking with the keyboard here lol.

The justification some companies use for the bolt in bar is that welding the 6" plate to the floor pan will weaken the sheetmetal around the perimeter of the plate causing it to tear easier.

On the car flipped above, I can't see how welding the same bar in would have made a difference unless extra bracing was used to tie in the bar to the subframe underneath.

2017 Contusion Blue Challenger T/A 392 M6 "BLKNBLU"