Well, after a variety of "not fun" experiences, like roaching a motor, and following that up with an exhaust valve tapping a piston, and fluids leaking from everywhere that there were fluids, we finally got the car all buttoned up and took Drag Pak #24 down the strip..

A strong shakedown cruise with no ET slip. That was interntional as we didn't want to set any expectations on the run. And we had our shift point low, and really wanted to make sure that it would go fast and stop fast. Task accomplished!

It runs good, and stops fine. Nothing leaked and nothing broke.

Now on to Atlanta (which is were we were last Saturday for our first run) and I will be driving it in A/SA God willing...

Drooze will be wrenching and I will be driving at Atlanta. This is based on two facts of life. One, he is better than I am on mechanical side. This is partly because I am old and frail and can't get enough leverage to even torque the heads. (Or at least that is what I tell Drooze. I am 64 and have wrenched enough cars, having started when I was 8, so although I can't say it isn't fun, it isn't as much fun as it used to be.) and I can still cut a pretty good light.

So, we will be at the track on Thursday, and finally put this puppy through it's paces.

Oh, and if you want to see what it looks like now with our wrap, check the blog at http://newhemiracing.blogspot.com

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemiRacing; 03/01/10 06:11 PM.