Quote:

Thanks for the info john, sounds like the overdrive and extra clutch mods are likely overkill for my plans for the car. Since I have no intention of putting a roll bar in the car I won't be going that fast down the strip with it. I seem to recall some mods having to do with enlarging the oil supply holes in the OD shaft. Is this worth looking into or can I just leave it as-is?

I don't think it's overkill , you don't have to do the mods that are done to my trans , my truck is not stock , but the diesel and V10 put out over 400lb/ft of torque , the gasser were only 350ish. I would at minimum go the the Diesel/V10 clutch pack specs , it's not expensive and it's not going to hurt , especially the increase in clutches for the DIRECT clutch pack , it's not a straight thru output like a 727.

I would like to put one of these trans in a passenger car , I might talk a friend into it in the future once he starts that his engine is running at 187 degrees on the highway at 90mph ...

You can drill the oil hole that will help , also get the sonnax rear piston support, it's modified to increase oil flow/decrease leakage and changes the oiling to the rear drum support surface.