How would you build a 518 to take 550hp/torq in my sig car. Assume 4000 pound car with drag radials. Would be a mostly street car with some strip. I'd say 90% street, 10% strip at most. Overdrive would be setup to run at low load/cruise levels only, not WOT. Not interested in putting power through the overdrive gear.

What parts would you use? I was thinking a good rebuild kit plus the transgo TFOD-HD2 shift kit. What other goodies would you use? Bands? Sprags? Other? Not looking for anything too exotic, engine rpm will not exceed 6000rpm. Any other mods that should be done?

I don't have a trans yet, however the 46RE's are readily available in the yards, the RH's seem to be a bit tougher to find around here. I would just have to go with which ever I could find first. I know tearing into the trans would tell of anything else that needs to be done, but I'm interested in what would have to be done right off the bat for this power level.

Also, I understand the normal 518's will run a 727 converter, but the lockup ones won't. Is there a decent source for lockup performance converters. Not interested in a ton of stall speed, 2700-3000 would be nice.