Quote:

if you're keeping the rest of the engine stock, comp XE262 works very well with the factory low compression, and a factory high stall converter. use comp #901 springs. another cam to look at would be the lunati voodoo 60402. use an edelbrock RPM air gap intake. what gear ratio is in there now? if it's a 3.23, you may not enjoy the car with 4.10's if you drive it at highway (55+ MPH) speeds with any regularity. 4.10's are 27% shorter. if you have 3.23's and 26" tall tires, you're turning about 2550 RPM at 60 mph. with 4.10's you'll be buzzing at ~3250 RPM, and 3800 RPM if you ever want to hit the freeway (70 mph)...

keep anything original you pull off of it, cam isn't a big deal, but the carb, intake, seats, rear, etc would be.

It has a 2 something gear in it now and I don't plan on driving it on interstate, just around town and at the drag strip. With either of these two cams how lopy would the idle be and would the factory exhaust manifolds work or will I have to change to headers? I have 2 1/2" TTI exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers on it now. I may at a later date change to aluminum heads and if I do I know I will have to run headers to get the performance out of them.