Quote:

So the linkage for my slapstick from my 727 wont work?

It will work as long as the 904 has the mounting tabs(two)under the tail shaft for the vertical shifter shaft that goes through the side of the trans tunnel. You will have to use the bracket from the 727 and the rest of the associated shifter parts from the 727 and the drive shaft from the 727 will be too short by about 4".

I actually like the 904 more behind a 340 and have also drag raced with one for about 4 yrs and have driven on the road and no problems. I did modify the valve body to firm up the shifts and exclusively use only type F trans fluid and a brass screen filter. You should be ok and do not expect the trans to hold up to slicks or excessive hi stall launches. If the trans is in good working order, it will hold up, David.

ThermoQuads:stock, street/strip and race; 800/850 cfm's, 860/910 cfm's and 1,000 to 1,060 cfm's. New parts for all OEM 1971-1984, Competition Series and SuperQuad carbs and custom fabricating. Carbs bought and sold. Consulting on pre-purchases so you get the right carb the first time.