Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. Same way on my Challenger. When you start turn the ignition key to start, the IGN1 "Run" wire that goes to the ballast resistor (the power for the coil while key is in "run" position) is not hot. Only the full voltage IGN2 "Start" wire that gives extra power to the coil while starting is hot. This is the wire that is connected to the same side of the ballast resistor as the wire that connects to the + terminal on the coil.

If you bypass the ballast resistor (say to connect the "run" wire to an MSD control) you will not get voltage while cranking. To fix this, splice the IGN2 wire to the IGN1 wire.

Quote:

Having a weird problem. Power to my Duster's ignition system dies when I turn the key to start. I can start the car by bumping the relay with key in the run position. Any one else had this problem and have a cure?

That is correct. You could unplug the ballast and the car should still start but of course it will die as soon as you let go of the key. The ing 2 is the bypass for the ballast in the crank position sending battery voltage to the coil while cranking.
Does the car crank over when in the start position ? Ron

Yes, the car will crank over just won't run. I can set the key to run and fire the car from the relay and it runs fine. I do have a dual ballast wiring harness but just have it hooked up to a single MSD ballast resistor to match my Blaster Coil. Could that be a problem?

Duh