Yes, but not very much, just a gentle blend in those two corners to clean up some of the machining they did when they moved the two carbs in-line. There isn't a whole lotta meat there to work with, but there is enough for what I needed.

In NSS I must run Eddy carbs, and I have a pair of Diamondback NSS ones set up for my 4-Speed. For now this is the best intake/carb combo for a low deck running in NSS classes.

The in-line mod that was done to mine was pretty slick, but because of the spacing needed between the two carbs, there isn't much room on those two corners. I bought it with that top plate already done.

They basically plugged the two cross ram carb holes, then machined a big path down the middle and welded in the plate you see in the pics. It is VERY strong and doesn't lend itself to cracking like many of the factory in-line 2x4 setups. Those intakes were pretty thin through the carb area and were prone to cracking.

We have done a couple more mods to the top plate to make it more user/carb friendly and I will run it that way until something better comes along. Damon does a great job with his cams for this setup and I am running one of his profiles. My engine is less than 500" as well. It should be a screamer.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com