thanks again for the pics everyone...

Quote:

How do you plan to address X bracing between the frame rails? Most of the newer chassis is designed for the drive shaft to run on top of the bracing and build a tunnel around it..Looks like this presents a problem in these older cars, were this bracing will be right were the drive shaft will be. By putting the driveshaft below the bracing puts the bracing way up in the floor boards..

Im still undecided on how to do this...but I have a few idea's.

Hey Curtis
Do you have the spec sheet for material size etc? I have these drawings, and spec sheets that cover size and wall thickness...PM me if you need them..I will get then out to you in your included email..

Later
Bob

Thanks Bob, yep I have the 25.4 specs, they haven't left my side for the past 2 weeks, lol have been studying it over and over again.

As far as the x-braces go, I'll be fine in my situation, the motor and trans are mocked up in the car, with a crankshaft center height of 13" and the pinion is at 13" at ride height, I have about 6" of clearance from the transmission yoke to the frame rails, they are pretty low. right now I'm taking it one peice at a time doing it all by the book, and I'm really excited, this is my dream car that I've been wanting to build for the last 15 years and it's starting to come together, this is the first car that I'm pretty much building on my own. I'll post some pics this weekend. I tell you what, this '66 Belvedere II looks pretty awesome sitting low with 16x33s on it...
Curtis

Taking over the World one win light at a time.