Quote:

Quote:

I am so curious as to why everyone thinks that iron is so unrepairable.
Beautiful car by the way

It is not that cast is not repairable. The cost and availability make it not a viable option for many. I had a windowed Hemi block from when my old Hemi let go. I was going to have it repaired as it had all the oiling mods, lifter bushings etc done to it. However by the time I paid the cost to have it repaired out here I was 2/3 the way to a new block so I went that route instead. As for fixing the aluminum block it is FAR easier to find a competent place to have the work done. FWIW I had a Mega block fixed out here once, by the tim I paid to have the block welded, put in a the two sleeves it needed and paid for the misc machining required i had an additional $2K in it. Hardly worth the effort these days when I can pick up a World block for $2600. Maybe for someone in the casting business having cast repaired is a simple process but for us pee ons in the world it aint so easy, cost affective or worth the effort. I am just a simple bracket racer and to me having something a bit lighter that can be easily fixed is worth the extra $$. I would have to ask what does a Koleno block cost similar to my KB. It has 55MM cam with roller bearings,and bushed lifter bores, just curious what this set up would run me for a Koleno? BTW Just my on the subject.

BTW thanks for the kudos on the tank.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"