Quote:

Quote:

I run a glide in my car.

Its 3100LB BB A body and I figure the glide is about a tenth slow on the 60 ft but it never not once so much as spun 1 hundredth off on the 60 ft all year long. Not once.

Great for bracket racing and consistency, but not so much if you like to run a number.

If you love to go rounds, and your main thrill is a win, then the glide rules in most apps. If you want the most fun, go torqueflite. The extra gearing at launch will feel better, and usually is faster in the 60 ft provided you are in a fairly heavy car (2800+) and are not overpowering the tires too much. I run a torqueflite, but realize at a certain torque level it gets too tough to hook up with all that gear. I am close, but boy, is it fun!!

A lot of people say that about 60fts Greg, but I don't agree. At your power level, with the right converter, I would pretty much bet the farm, that your car would 60ft a good bit better with a glide. In my own experiences, a car with a lot of power, becomes an animal on the line, when you go from a 3 speed to a glide. Instead of spinning the motor with all that gear multiplication, the torque actually makes the converter "work" and the wheel speed is just crazy. In high HP cars, the "hot ticket" right now, is the "Turbo-glide". Basically a turbo 400, that you can leave in second gear with. The common gear is a 1.55 low.

Monte