Quote:

Depends on the application. Are you talking about a 950HP type of carb? Those are usually 750 main bodies with the choke housing removed. They are nice carbs but the venturi is smaller than a 850 DP. That might be exactly what you need or it might not, depends on the application.

I'm going to use a 650 HP on my SB stroker. This motor is 427 inches with Hughes Stage III ported heads. Bigger isn't always better and all of that you know.

Holley list 80675 ( 750 ultra hp ) has a venturi size of 1.376" with a throttle bore of 1.688"

Holley list 80676 ( 950 ultra hp )has a venturi size of 1.376 with a throttle bore of 1.750"

While the main bodies are the same ( ie the venturi size) the baseplate is larger resulting in more overall CFM flow.

This is one area where a dyno will not accurately tell you what your car will do on the track, you are not launching the car onthe dyno, where one carb will pull the number on the dyno, that same carb might be a pig onthe car at the track.

In testing, most have found the more carb you throw at a small block stroker the happier they are!

My tests have backed that up with small block stock strokes, strokers, and big block strokers.

Last edited by DJVCuda; 11/05/09 02:33 PM.