Well, I didn't break or wreck!

The motor would not rpm or would struggle past about 5400. It did the same thing on the street the last time I had it out, but I thought maybe it was my reluctance to pull it hard on the street.

I have my shift lite set at 6200 and it never went off. I had to just shift because the motor would just flatten out. This happend in all gears.

Nothing is broken and it used to rpm it's butt off. On the street, I was shifting at 6800 but I talked to Hughes and they said it was way too high and to shift at 6000-6200.

I think it is 1 of 2 things. We sealed the carb to the hood and I think the hole in the hood for the carb to breath through (part that seals to the carb) is too small. We should have made the hold as big as the carb pan foam gasket, but it is about half that size.

The other thing it could be is I have the adjustment of the hydraulic lifters incorrect. It has been a while since I adjusted hydrualic lifters and wonder if I have it wrong and thus hanging the valves open.

I wonder if it is the valve adjustment because the truck didn't 60ft as well as I thought it should at only 1.65. It hooked so it wasn't a traction issue.

Anyway, my incrementals (only made 2 passes because there was no point)

1.65, 7.72 at 88
1.64, 7.75 at 86