Was going to try for a new best today,,,DA was very good,,,so we headed to Beech Bend for some racing....

First pass was fine,,,in fact,,,got a 1.41 60',,,they were only running 1/8 mile today,,,,and the car seemed ok...

Second run,,,normal burnout....but felt like it spun hard off the line,,,,,pulled second,,,,and BANG,,,,,felt like someone was hitting the underside of the car with a hammer...pulled over quick,,,and shut it off.....

Fire coming out of the passenger side collector,,,,nothing under the hood,,,,,put out the collector,,,,nothing major....

I thought i broke the rear end.... the driveshaft was still intact,,,and no leaks anywhere under the car,,,,,towed back to the trailer,,,,winched it up,,,and got home....

Pulled the valvecover's,,,and this is what i see...oil/water mixture coated on the inside,,,,,

Checked the rockers,,,,and note,,,i am now MISSING 4 pushrods,,,,they are gone....

Pulled the intake and valley pan off,,,,,,stuff all over the place,,,total carnage....

(lifter broken in half,,,rod bolts,,,part of a rod,,,shrapnel,,,lifter bore broke off,,,and the middle of the cam is GONE.....with the center portion of the block blown out....

missing cam...

I was "thinking" of a 572 at somepoint in the future....but wasnt planning on doing it this way....

Still have to pull the motor,,,and the heads,,,and see what they look like,,,,,
I hope i didnt trash the heads as well.....

Last edited by 69CHARGERMD; 11/07/09 06:42 PM.